Tags: A to Z of Special Needs

Childminders have to be approved and registered by social services.

 New childminders seeking registration now have to undergo a period of training approved by the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted). They are self-employed and work in their own homes looking after an agreed number of children.

Arrangements are usually made privately with the parents but, in some circumstances, social services may provide support and circulate a list of approved childminders to those seeking placements for their children. Some childminders have a particular interest in working with children with disabilities and they undertake specific training for that purpose.

What is this?

What is this?

These icons allow you to do one of the following:

You can ‘socially bookmark’ this page. If you like this article and think others will be interested in it, you can add it to one of the sites on which web users share links. These are Digg, del.icio.us, Reddit, ma.gnolia, Newsvine or Furl.

Add a link to your Google homepage or ‘My Yahoo!’ page.

Search Technorati, Ice Rocket or PubSub to see if any bloggers have linked to this article.


| digg-5161337 | reddit-7087146 | magnoliacom-1758289 | newsvine-1038738 | furl-2542013 | google-8718404 | yahoo-3431504 | technorati-8218684 | icerocket-7336779 | pubsub-5613900