Tags: A to Z of Special Needs

Community paediatricians are based in hospitals or community care trusts and are employed by the NHS.

They are qualified doctors, usually consultants, who have specialised in paediatrics (child medicine). GPs and health visitors will refer pre-school children who have physical or medical difficulties to a paediatrician for general assessment. The community paediatrician will then refer the child on to other expert professionals and monitor overall progress.

All the professionals involved with the child will be asked for a report if a child is being assessed for a statement of special educational needs. School nurses can also make referrals to a community paediatrician, once the child is of statutory school age.

What is this?

What is this?

These icons allow you to do one of the following:

You can ‘socially bookmark’ this page. If you like this article and think others will be interested in it, you can add it to one of the sites on which web users share links. These are Digg, del.icio.us, Reddit, ma.gnolia, Newsvine or Furl.

Add a link to your Google homepage or ‘My Yahoo!’ page.

Search Technorati, Ice Rocket or PubSub to see if any bloggers have linked to this article.


| digg-6160476 | reddit-3345334 | magnoliacom-2598145 | newsvine-7990958 | furl-9691317 | google-7514001 | yahoo-2105709 | technorati-2542741 | icerocket-3319663 | pubsub-4313152