This gifted and talented enrichment activity looks at how far penguins travel during their lives
The life-time travel of a penguin
These are some of the questions that you can encourage your gifted and talented students to gather research on, think about and answer.
- Do you know that there are 16 species of penguin and can you name any of them?
- How far a penguin will travel in its lifetime?
- What is that in proportion with its height?
- What is that in proportion with its weight?
- Which other animal makes such an effort to migrate?
This maths enrichment activity will also help students extend their problem solving, reasoning and planning skills.