Author: Mary Young & Eilish Commins
Global Citizenship is not an additional subject, but a way of teaching the existing curriculum, which promotes justice and equity.
Global Citizenship: The Handbook for Primary Teaching explains Global Citizenship and develops its principles into clear, practical pointers for use in school.
By discussing the issues, ideas and approaches in this handbook, users will be able to explore and develop their own understanding of Global Citizenship. Teachers will be able to bring its concepts into their educational practice, through every subject area, into assemblies and across the whole school.
The handbook will be a valuable tool for classroom teachers, head teachers, teacher educators, student teachers and home school educators. It will also be of interest to non-teaching staff, governors/school-board members, and parents.
Global Citizenship: The Handbook for Primary Teaching contains:
- an exploration of issues to consider, and strategies for implementing whole-school change
- assembly themes and ideas
- a wide range of activities to deliver subject areas including Citizenship/PSHE, PSD and PSE through Global Citizenship
- lesson plans and resource material to support Literacy/English in the classroom
- ideas and guidance on incorporating Global Citizenship into the QCA Geography Schemes or Work
- over 30 photocopiable texts and worksheets for classroom use
- a comprehensive list of resources and useful addresses
200pp A4; ISBN:1 899857 47 8
Our system is unable to take multiple orders at the present time. If you want to buy a single product, please use the form below.
Want to order more than one of our books? Please call us on 020 7 954 3474 or email [email protected] stating which books you want to buy and quantities.