Author: Edited by Jane West
G&T Primary Update is written by, and for, people with a special interest in the management and development of G&T programmes in primary schools – and in the needs of pupils.
Many articles are by other teachers who have been in your situation and can offer real advice and practical suggestions; others by researchers and people who have dedicated their professional careers to the needs of more able pupils.
G&T Primary Update also offers professional support by keeping you informed of new ideas and creative solutions to use in your school. And it draws on the latest professional research and best practice in schools to help you improve your school’s policy and provision for G&T pupils.
Regular features include:
- Overviews of the latest research and policy developments relating to G&T provision.
- Case studies and interviews highlighting examples of successful practice in other schools.
- Tips and practical guidance from G&T specialists and researchers across the country.
- In-depth focus on the management issues faced by G&T coordinators.
- Ideas in primary schools.
G&T Primary Update is edited by Jane West. Jane West trained as a secondary teacher before becoming director of a community centre in London’s East End. Over three years, she established an after-school homework and reading group and a summer literacy programme. She now works as a freelance writer specialising in education, she has produced teaching materials for groups as diverse as The National Trust, Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood and the environmental pressure group Surfers Against Sewage. She is also editor of a new series of books for KS1 and KS2 literacy materials.
- Frequency: 10 times per annum (no issues in January and August)
- Extent: 12 pages per issue
Note: the two year subscription rate includes a 25% discount off the second year.