PE & Sport Today inspires readers and enhances professional development, as well as providing innovative ideas and invaluable support to everyone who is involved with the teaching of PE and sport.
‘PE & Sport Today is leading the field by raising awareness of the need for physical development in the primary sector’.
Jean Kerr, PE coordinator for primary schools, East Dunbartonshire
Sport and physical education are now firmly placed at the core of the National Curriculum. Improved behaviour and improved results are the precise benefits of a good PE curriculum in schools and, with growing concern over soaring obesity rates among children, PE and Sport Today is at the forefront of education in the UK. From nursery through to sixth form, PE & Sport Today serves to encourage and support everyone involved in delivering physical education and sport to young people, and provides practical advice and expert insights on a broad range of topics. The magazine’s diverse readership includes both departmental heads at secondary schools needing up-to-date ideas and information, and primary school teachers wanting guidance in a non-specialist subject.In every issue you will receive:
- Curriculum planning resources covering the component parts of PE from Reception to Key Stage 4.
- Lively features and interviews on all aspects of PE and sport aimed at building involvement and promoting excellence.
- Articles on the extra-curricular dimension of sport and how it can be used to enhance your school's profile and build links with the community.
- Expert advice on the practical issues, from facility management to safety and insurance.
- News of what's going on in the world of PE and sport, from the latest government policy document to success stories about individual schools.
- Details of courses, conferences and exhibitions that can contribute to professional development.
- Reviews of the latest products and services available to schools.
Regular sections include:
- Primary Know-How - A 'How To' guide for teachers in Primary schools, particularly Primary Link Teachers, covering the latest initiatives, activities for PE lessons specifically linked to learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and understanding), planning, assessment, fundraising and accessing funds and linking to and working with secondary schools.
- Sport Spotlight - Focuses on the National Governing Bodies and their latest education initiatives for primary and secondary schools.
- Sports Travel - How to plan and organise different types of school sports trips, both at home and overseas.
- Countdown to 2012 - A series of features looking at the build up to the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Going for Gold - A series of historical Olympic features.
- Sports Insight - Topical and thought provoking sports features, as well as a behind the scenes look at the world of sport.
- PE & Sport Yesterday - People and events that have shaped the face of PE and sport in this country.
To experience for yourself the benefits a subscription to PE & Sport can bring, why not subscribe now risk free? Your subscription can be cancelled at any time, simply return the invoice you recieve to us marked 'cancel' and a full refund is given on all un-mailed issues.
Subscribe for two years and save a massive 50% on your second year! (two year price below includes 50% discount)
Advertisers can download the media pack here.