Tags: Classroom Teacher | Director of Studies | G&T Coordinator | Learning Mentor | SEN – Special Educational Needs | SENCO | Teaching & Learning Coordinator | Teaching and Learning | Teaching Assistant | Teaching Skills
A new review group has been set up to recommend ways of:
Topics Among the topics to be examined by the review are:
- teaching and learning strategies
- best use of setting and grouping
- improving parental engagement
- closing the achievement gap
- utilising flexibilities in the National Curriculum
- schools collaborating together.
Deadline The group is expected to report before the end of the year on practical steps to help schools cater for every child’s talents and needs. Its findings will help determine how £625 million is spent over the coming two years on providing:
- small group work or individual tuition for pupils who need to catch up in English or maths
- targeted support for children who may underachieve
- opportunities to stretch the brightest pupils.
The review is being chaired by Christine Gilbert, chief executive of Tower Hamlets. Other members include Jim Rose, who recently wrote a review of the teaching of early reading; Derek Wise, head of Cramlington Community High School in Northumberland and Kathy August, principal of Manchester Academy.
This article first appeared in Raising Achievement Update – May 2006
What is this?
What is this?
These icons allow you to do one of the following:
You can ‘socially bookmark’ this page. If you like this article and think others will be interested in it, you can add it to one of the sites on which web users share links. These are Digg, del.icio.us, Reddit, ma.gnolia, Newsvine or Furl.
Add a link to your Google homepage or ‘My Yahoo!’ page.
Search Technorati, Ice Rocket or PubSub to see if any bloggers have linked to this article.
| | | | | | | | | |