Following recent announcements about changes to the Vetting and Barring Scheme, this is your opportunity to hear the latest news so that you can ensure you are up to date and fully prepared.
You will also be able to explore the practical implications for your recruitment procedures with Dai Durbridge, Solicitor, Browne Jacobson LLP, so that you can be certain you are meeting your legal obligations for safer staffing.
Hear from experienced practitioners Gail McNally, Inclusion and Safeguarding Co-ordinator, Salford City Council and Lynn Blay, Holyrood Nurseries who will show you how to sensitively manage allegations against staff.
They will also help you take a proactive approach to developing safe working practices providing you with the tools to implement robust policies on mobile phones, facebook and whistle-blowing.
Return to your setting more confident in your ability to address safeguarding concerns and clear on the actions you need to take to embed good practice across your setting.
Attend this conference to:
- Develop effective training for staff to ensure a sound awareness of safeguarding issues
- Gain clear guidelines on making referrals to maximise responses from Social Care
- Effectively work in partnership with parents and feel confident taking forward safeguarding concerns
- Manage the psychological impact of working with a vulnerable child and effectively support both your staff and the child
Who should attend:
- Nursery Managers
- Deputy Managers
- Heads of Early Years
- Heads of Pre-Prep
- Deputy Headteachers
- Lead Person for Safeguarding
- Childcare Development Managers
- LA Safeguarding Officers
- Early Years Advisors
- Private Childcare Providers
Click here to book your place now
PLUS: All delegates will be able to download exclusive speaker presentations to take back to school and use in training.