This helpful guide, part of the Teaching Children with Special Needs series, provides useful information specifically for teaching assistants and support workers in a primary school setting. This series by Sue Soan publishes in October!
Teaching Children with Special Needs is a three-part collection of books that provides useful and highly accessible information about a wide variety of special educational needs, for every teacher, SENCO and support worker in a primary school setting.
Teaching Children with Special Needs comprises: • Inclusive strategies for meeting individual needs • Specific intervention programmes and strategies • A practical guide for teaching assistants
This set of books is designed to enable practitioners to find the information they require about an individual special educational need quickly and easily. The books contain new, exciting and instructive chapters, alongside some of the most useful and popular articles from past editions of the Special Needs Coordinator’s File, all written by experts or experienced practitioners in a specific field of special educational needs. Together they make a powerful and comprehensive resource, providing a wealth of information and ideas for all practitioners.
These books provide a resource that will:
- fully support all those involved with SEN in your school – senior managers, teachers, classroom assistants, pupils and parents
- allow practitioners to refer to up-to-date information and the most frequently used intervention programmes and strategies quickly and easily
- provide lots of practical ideas about strategies for teachers and teaching assistants to try immediately with children in their class
- enable all practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills for working with children with special needs and help them to feel confident in doing so
- improve teaching and learning for SEN pupils in your school, helping you to provide the best learning experience for all pupils.
A Practical Guide for Teaching Assistants provides useful information specifically for teaching assistants and other support workers in a primary school setting, to enable them to play an important part in providing a learning environment that enables every pupil to achieve their potential.
It is very much part of a teaching assistant’s role to help provide a learning environment that enables every pupil to achieve their potential. Therefore this book has been planned to help all teaching assistants to find information they need about a variety of special educational needs as quickly as possible and to give them lots of practical strategies to try with the children in their class.
This book will provide teaching assistants with very useful basic information about many areas of special educational needs, and enable pupils to feel included in many areas of the curriculum and the social life of the school.
Save money when you buy a pack of 5 to give to your Teaching Assistants or buy our Teaching Children with Special Needs Pack and save over £25 on the whole series!
The Teaching Children with Special Needs Pack contains 1 copy of Inclusive Strategies for Meeting Individual Needs, 1 copy of Specific Intervention Programmes and Strategies and 5 copies of A Practical Guide for Teaching Assistants. Buy it risk-free today!