The second book in this series by Sue Soan, this title offers accessible information on the most frequently used interventions for those teaching children with special needs. Suitable for primary schools.
Teaching Children with Special Needs is a three-part collection of books that provides useful and highly accessible information about a wide variety of special educational needs, for every teacher, SENCO and support worker in a primary school setting.
Teaching Children with Special Needs comprises: • Inclusive strategies for meeting individual needs • Specific intervention programmes and strategies • A practical guide for teaching assistants
This set of books is designed to enable practitioners to find the information they require about an individual special educational need quickly and easily. The books contain new, exciting and instructive chapters, alongside some of the most useful and popular articles from past editions of the Special Needs Coordinator’s File, all written by experts or experienced practitioners in a specific field of special educational needs. Together they make a powerful and comprehensive resource, providing a wealth of information and ideas for all practitioners.
These books provide a resource that will:
- fully support all those involved with SEN in your school – senior managers, teachers, classroom assistants, pupils and parents
- allow practitioners to refer to up-to-date information and the most frequently used intervention programmes and strategies quickly and easily
- provide lots of practical ideas about strategies for teachers and teaching assistants to try immediately with children in their class
- enable all practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills for working with children with special needs and help them to feel confident in doing so
- improve teaching and learning for SEN pupils in your school, helping you to provide the best learning experience for all pupils.
Specific Intervention Programmes and Strategies focuses on specific interventions which can be used for children within the four definitions of areas of need as identified in the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (DfES, 2001):
- autism spectrum disorders (ASD); speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) and dyslexia
- physical impairments
- cognitive needs
- social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD).
The interventions and strategies offered in this book will provide you with ideas to try with a pupil and to get you thinking about how best you can meet their needs with the resources you have available. Many of the chapters also provide you with additional ideas to try with all the pupils in the class, improving access, engagement and participation with the curriculum for all.
Buy this book individually or buy our Teaching Children with Special Needs Pack and save over £25!
The Teaching Children with Special Needs Pack contains 1 copy of Inclusive Strategies for Meeting Individual Needs, 1 copy of Specific Intervention Programmes and Strategies and 5 copies of A Practical Guide for Teaching Assistants. Buy it risk-free today!
TO GET THE LATEST PRODUCT INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OPTIMUS EDUCATION