Valentine’s Day is a day filled with love, flowers, and candy! In celebration of Valentine’s Day, add one of these 43 books to your collection and share it with your children!
1. How Many Do I Love You? by Cheri Love-Bird
Toddlers will enjoy this precious board book! They will have fun counting to 10 as they see illustrations of cute animals. This book makes a perfect gift for Valentine's Day!
2. Mirabel's Missing Valentines by Janet Lawler
Poor Mirabel is saddened because she loses her valentines when they fall out of her bag on the way to school. However, they bring lots of smiles to the ones that find them.
3. I Love You and Cheese Pizza by Brenda Li
Children will love this entertaining story as they learn about the different forms of love. They will also learn about forgiveness and kindness.
4. The Berenstain Bears' Valentine Blessings by Mike Berenstain
Does Brother Bear have a secret admirer? Sister Bear discovers that he does and teases him about it. Your child will learn a life lesson from this humorous book.
5. I Love You Every Day by Cottage Door Press
This finger puppet Valentine's board book is the perfect book for ages 0-4. The mommy bear in the story explains all of the ways she is able to love her sweet baby.
6. Llama Llama I Love You by Anna Dewdney
This sweet book shows children how to show their love on Valentine’s Day. Little llama gives his family and friends heart-shaped cards and hugs to show his love for them.
7. Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool by James Dean
Pete the Cat will discover how precious Valentine’s Day can be. This cute book even includes stickers, a poster, and 12 Valentine’s Day cards.
8. Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat
Gilbert makes a terrible mistake and writes a couple of mean notes in two of his classmates’ valentines and even signs them with a different name!
9. The Dinosaurs Valentine's Day by Jessica Brady
This picture book is a perfect book recommendation for children ages 2-6. If your child loves dinosaurs, you need to purchase this uplifting and positive book.
10. Loads of Love by Sonica Ellis
It is Valentine’s Day in Rosedale, but Larry, the mail truck, is very sick. Bonnie decides to help Larry and delivers all of the packages.
11. Happy Valentine's Day, Little Critter! by Mercer Mayer
This is a fun lift-the-flap story that includes an exciting surprise under each flap. Little Critter is having the best Valentine's Day ever!
12. A Little SPOT of Love on Valentine's Day by Diane Alber
A Little SPOT of Love is extremely excited that there is a special day all about him! He even spends the day creating an extra-special Valentine's Day card for each friend!
13. I Love You All Ways by Marianne Richmond
This heartwarming story is a perfect gift for Valentine's Day! It explains how we are always surrounded by love in everything we do.
14. Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine by Herman Parish
This amusing picture book is about Valentine’s Day at Amelia Bedelia’s school. She is so excited because she is going to get her first card for Valentine’s Day!
15. I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home by Kathryn Cristaldi
This humorous board book is filled with rhyming text and demonstrates the fact that love has no boundaries. It is the perfect book for your little one!
16. A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger
This funny tale shows us that even cranky monsters can have hearts. Read about how a normal child becomes Crankenstein on Valentine’s Day!
17. Valentina Ballerina by Giggly Wiggly Press
Valentina Hyena has dreamed of becoming the star ballerina in the Valentine’s Day program. She will learn about the true meaning of Valentine’s Day!
18. Franklin's Valentines by Paulette Bourgeois
It is Valentine’s Day! Franklin is excited about giving the cards he made to his friends, but he realizes they are missing when he gets to school.
19. Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
This #1 New York Times bestseller makes a terrific gift for children. It is a great story filled with love and a variety of stunning images!
20. There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose! by Lucille Colandro
This fun story welcomes back the old lady for Valentine’s Day, and she is now swallowing things that will make a precious gift for her sweet valentine!
21. Love from the Crayons by Drew Daywalt
This charming story tells about our favorite group of crayons, and it includes the exploration of love’s colors and shades.
22. Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime by Barbara Park
Junie B. Jones is excited about “Valentine's Day.” She was surprised to receive a mushy card from someone claiming to be her secret admirer!
23. Valerie Fox and the Valentine Box by K.A. Devlin
Valerie Fox will learn about Valentine’s Day in this adventurous story that includes many kinds of animals. Enjoy the rhyming text with your little one!
24. The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
Read this sweet love story about Mr. and Mrs. Bear. Since they hibernate all winter, they have never been able to celebrate Valentine's Day.
25. The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
This adorable story is about the day it begins raining hearts, and Cornelia Augusta is able to catch them. Cornelia decides to send these to her sweet animal friends.
26. The Night Before Valentine's Day by Natasha Wing
Valentine's Day is the most loving holiday of the year! Celebrate it with delicious treats, creating cards, and much more.
27. Dr. Seuss's Lovey Things by Dr. Seuss
This rhyming board book features Thing One and Thing Two. Learn about the things they love- caring, sharing, hugging, smiling, and blowing kisses!
28. Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
Mouse makes lots of valentines for his friends. In each card, he tells his friends what he loves about them. Your little one will enjoy the surprise at the end of the book.
29. Saint Valentine by Marisa Boan
This bilingual Spanish-English book explains the legend of Saint Valentine. It is the perfect book to share with children aged 5-10.
30. Splat the Cat: Funny Valentine by Rob Scotton
Splat the Cat would like to give a present to a special someone, but he wants it to be a secret. Lift the flaps in the book to find surprises.
31. Will You Be My Valentine by Cottage Door Press
This delightful board book is a vintage masterpiece that includes fun-filled pages for your children. This book makes the perfect gift!
32. Groggle's Monster Valentine by Diana Murray
Google has stayed up all night making the perfect valentine for Snarlina. Unfortunately, his appetite gets the best of him, and he eats the valentine.
33. Here Come Valentine Cat by Deborah Underwood
Cat is not a fan of Valentine's Day. He hates making valentines, and he thinks the holiday is too mushy. Add this book to your Valentine's Day collection!
34. Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts by Victoria Kann
A lover of Valentine's Day, Pinkalicious makes the perfect card for a student in her class. Will she get one that is equally as perfect?
35. Love Monster by Rachel Bright
Love Monster really tries to fit in at Cutesville. He is on a mission to find someone special to love him for the hairy monster he is!
36. The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda Ferber
Leon has a huge crush, and he has the perfect valentine. In this story, the words "I love you" have never been so gross or so sweet!
37. Cooper The Farting Cupid by Cindy Press
Cooper has a problem that is keeping him from finding special love! Will he find a special someone to love him without him having to change himself?
38. Always More Love by Erin Guendelsberger
This fun, heartwarming story is filled with rhyming text all about love. It makes the perfect Valentine's Day gift for your special little valentine!
39. A Charlie Brown Valentine by Natalie Shaw
This classic Valentine's Day story is a must-read for your little one! The Peanuts gang might actually find love with Snoopy's help!
40. Little Miss Valentine by Adam Hargreaves
This adorable picture book is about Little Miss Valentine and her love for Valentine's Day. Although nothing goes as planned, she and her friends learn a valuable lesson!
41. Froggy's First Kiss by Jonathan London
Froggy cannot even think when Frogilina is near! This humorous story is about the very special valentine Froggy makes for Frogilina.
42. A Valentine for Frankenstein by Leslie Kimmelman
The Frankenstein in this cute story is actually nice! He has a secret admirer in this Valentine's Day tale. Will he discover who it is!
43. I Love You, Spot by Eric Hill
In this precious heart-shaped board book, it is Valentine's Day. Spot wants to surprise his mom and let her know just how much he loves her.