Travel is a powerful experience that can help young people see beyond their own culture and enlarge their worldview. After returning from their holidays, prompt your learners to thoughtfully reflect on the new experiences they enjoyed. Our collection of 60 vacation-based journal prompts is all you need to encourage them to revisit their trip and pen down special memories that they can return to time and again!
1. Describe the most memorable place you visited during your vacation.
2. If you could go on a trip anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. How did a recent vacation help you grow as an individual?
4. Write a poem about an experience you had while traveling.
5. How did the places you visited during your vacation compare to your hometown?
6. What was the most adventurous thing you did in your travels?
7. Create a fictional story based on a real experience you had during your vacation.
8. Write about a person you met on your trip who had a significant impact on you.
9. Describe the food you tried during your vacation and how it was different from your usual meals.
10. How has your perspective on different cultures changed after returning from being away?
11. What were the best and worst moments of your trip?
12. What was the most surprising thing about your vacation?
13. Write about a moment during your travels when you felt truly at peace.
14. Describe a historical site you visited on vacation. What did you learn?
15. Write about the book you read during your adventures away.
16. Did you pick up any new hobbies or interests during the vacation? Describe them.
17. If you could relive one day of your travels, which day would it be and why?
18. What was the most challenging part of your vacation?
19. How did this trip differ from others you have taken in the past?
20. What local customs or traditions did you encounter in your travels?
21. How would you convince someone to visit the place you traveled to on your vacation?
22. If you could live in one of the places you visited while away, where would it be and why?
23. Write about a moment from your vacation that made you laugh out loud.
24. If your trip had a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
25. Write about an interesting museum or art gallery you visited during your vacation.
26. Write a letter to yourself to read before your next adventure.
27. Describe a moment on your vacation when you felt out of your comfort zone.
28. Write about a nature trail or a park you explored during your trip.
29. What is something you wish you had done on your vacation but didn’t get a chance to do?
30. Write about the architecture of a building that stood out to you during your time away.
31. What new things did you learn about yourself during the vacation?
32. Describe an experience from your travels that you will never forget.
33. If you could change one thing about your vacation, what would it be?
34. What did you miss the most about home while you were gone?
35. Write about an unexpected adventure you had during your vacation.
36. How would you describe the overall vibe or atmosphere of the place(s) you visited?
37. Did you learn any new words or phrases in a different language during your vacation?
38. Did your traveling help you disconnect from school stress? If so, how?
39. If you could travel back in time to any era in the location you visited, when would you choose and why?
40. Write about the most beautiful sunset or sunrise you saw during your vacation.
41. How has this trip impacted your future travel plans?
42. Describe the best meal you had during your vacation.
43. What was the most inspiring or thought-provoking moment of your time away from home?
44. Write about a funny or embarrassing moment that occurred during the vacation.
45. Did your trip influence your future career or study plans? If so, how?
46. Write about a local event or festival you attended during your vacation.
47. What is your biggest personal takeaway from your trip?
48. Write about a local myth or legend you heard during your vacation.
49. If you could share one moment from your travels with your classmates, what would it be? Why?
50. How has your vacation made you appreciate the things you have at home?
51. What was the first thing you did when you returned from your adventure?
52. Write about an activity or tour you took part in during your vacation.
53. Describe a conversation you had with a local that left an impression on you.
54. If you could go back to any moment of your trip and change your reaction, what would it be?
55. Write about a moment from your vacation where you learned something new about a family member or friend.
56. Describe an encounter with an animal during your travels
57. If you could teleport back to any location from your vacation right now, where would you go?
58. How did the time spent traveling inspire your creative side?
59. Write about a quiet, serene place you found during your trip.
60. What is one resolution or goal you set for yourself based on your vacation experience?