No matter the artist, genre, or instrument, we’ve rounded up the funniest music-related puns and jokes you’ll ever read! Use them as openers to your music lessons or to simply engage learners who look a little down and could benefit from a giggle or two. Ready to conduct a symphony of laughter? Read on to explore 73 music jokes to help you do just that!
1. How do you fix a broken brass instrument?
A tuba glue.
2. What type of music do balloons hate?
3. What is Beethoven doing now?
4. Why do bagpipe players walk when they play?
To get away from the noise.
5. What kind of music did the pilgrims listen to?
6. What makes music in your hair?
A head band.
7. What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?
A flat minor.
8. What do you get when you play country music backward?
You get your wife back, your dog back, and your job back.
9. What’s a cow’s favorite music note?
10. Where do pianists go on vacation?
The Florida Keys.
11. I keep hearing music coming from the printer.
I think the paper is jamming.
12. What did they say about the tone-deaf boy?
He has Van Gogh’s ear for music.
13. Why did the chicken join a band?
Because he already had drum sticks!
14. How do you make a bandstand?
Take away all the chairs.
15. Why was the musician arrested?
She was in treble.
16. My girlfriend broke up with me because I quote too many Linkin Park songs.
But “in the end, it doesn’t even matter”.
17. What’s a golf club’s favorite type of music?
18. What do you call a musical insect?
19. I wrote a song about a tortilla chip.
Actually, it’s more like a wrap.
20. What do you get if you cross a sweet potato with a jazz musician?
A yam session.
21. What is a cucumber’s favorite instrument?
22. How can you tell if a banjo player is at the door?
He doesn’t know when to come in.
23. Are you a major scale?
Because you are all natural to me.
24. Steal a man’s wallet and he’ll be poor for a day.
But teach him to play an instrument and he’ll be poor for the rest of his life.
25. Why shouldn’t you let kids watch band performances on TV?
Too much sax and violins.
26. My neighbors are listening to great music.
Whether they like it or not!
27. What’s the best Christmas present in the world?
A broken drum, you just can’t beat it!
28. What rock group never sings?
29. Why can’t skeletons play church music?
Because they have no organs.
30. What’s the difference between a piano and a fish?
You can’t tuna fish!
31. Why did the drummer carry a pencil?
In case he wanted to draw a beat.
32. Why couldn’t the string quartet find their composer?
Because he was Haydn.
33. What do you call a laughing piano?
34. Why did the piano break up with the guitar?
Because it was tired of being strung along.
35. Why don’t clarinets ever get lost?
Because you can always take note of them.
36. Why did the trombone go to the party?
To slide right in with the crowd.
37. How do you clean a messy trumpet?
With a tuba toothpaste.
38. What’s the difference between a viola and a trampoline?
You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline.
39. Why did the singer climb a ladder?
He wanted to reach the high notes.
40. Why do bands need a conductor?
So they don’t fall off the bandwagon!
41. Why was the guitarist a great gardener?
He really knew how to rake it in.
42. Why was the DJ good at fishing?
He always dropped the bass at the right time.
43. What do you call a musician with problems?
A treble maker.
44. Why did the drummer sit near the fire?
He wanted to beat the heat.
45. Why was the pop star bad at baseball?
He kept breaking the records.
46. What’s a ghost’s favorite type of music?
47. What do you call a guitarist who only knows two chords?
A music critic.
48. Why did the pianist refuse to play the song?
It struck a chord with him.
49. What do you call a chord that went to jail?
A suspended fourth.
50. What kind of band doesn’t make music?
A rubber band.
51. Why did the music note go to school?
To get a little sharper.
52. What’s a music teacher’s favorite cereal?
53. What is Mozart doing right now?
54. How do you find a man in a bar who’s a real musician?
He’s the one who doesn’t have any money.
55. Why don’t pianos fight in the wild?
Because they’re afraid of breaking their keys!
56. What is a cat’s favorite song?
Three Blind Mice!
57. What do you call a singing laptop?
58. Why did the girl sit closer to the piano?
She wanted to be more in-tune!
59. Why did the musician put his money in the freezer?
He wanted some cold hard cash!
60. What is a monster’s favorite type of music?
Ghoul-time rock and roll!
61. What do you get when you cross a piano and a fish?
A piano tuna.
62. Why did the piano go to school?
Because it wanted to be a key student!
63. What kind of music do planets like?
64. Why did the drummer sit near the clock?
He wanted to keep time.
65. What kind of music do mummies like?
66. What do you call a penguin that plays the piano?
67. What is a keyboard’s favorite dessert?
Key Lime Pie!
68. Why was the piano laughing?
Because someone tickled its ivories!
69. Why do cows love music?
Because it moo-ves them.
70. What do you call a chicken that plays piano?
71. What’s a wind instrument’s favorite type of exercise?
72. What type of song do dogs dislike?
Anything by Cat Stevens!
73. Why did the Muppet start a music career?
Because he had the Kermit-ment!