Pi Day is a day to celebrate irrational numbers, eat pie, and of course, tell corny Pi-related puns. Here we've compiled a list of the best Pi Day Jokes that will make you and your students laugh (or maybe groan). Have you heard of the mathematicians who traveled the Oregon Trail? What about Isaac Newton's favorite dessert? Can you guess how many sailors are pirates? Take a guess at the answers and then share these jokes in a sweet celebration on March 14th!
1. What do you get when you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
A Pumpkin Pi!
2. Who was the roundest knight at King Arthur's table?
Sir Cumference because he ate too much pi.
3. What did the math teacher have for dessert?
A slice of chocolate pi.
4. What do you call a mathematician who becomes a secret agent?
5. What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?
6. What was Sir Isaac Newton's favorite dessert?
7. How many stars did the movie critic give to Life of Pi?
8. 3.14% of sailors are Pi - Rates.
9. What do you get when a bunch of sheep stands in a circle?
10. What did the mathematicians order for takeout on March 14th?
Chicken Pot Pi.
11. What is the official animal of Pi Day?
12. How are mathematicians like the air force?
They both use pi-lots.
13. Why did the other numbers avoid talking to Pi at the party?
Because he goes on forever and ever.
14. Why should you never argue with Pi?
Because he's completely irrational!
15. Why shouldn't you let advanced math intimidate you?
It's easy as pi!
16. Why did Pi get its driver's license revoked?
Because it didn't know when to stop!
17. What instrument did the mathematician love to play?
18. How do towns celebrate March 14th?
With a pi-rade.
19. What is the official tree of Pi Day?
A Pi-ne tree.
20. What were the first mathematicians to travel the Oregon Trail called?
21. What do you call a mathematician who is obsessed with fire?
22. What was the mathematical ballerina's favorite move?
23. What is the mathematician's favorite social media site?
24. Who are mathematicians afraid of on the high seas?
25. What do mathematicians do to avoid food poisoning?
They don't eat ex-pi-red food.
26. What coding language do mathematicians use on March 14th?
27. What is a mathematician's favorite kind of exercise class?
28. Where does Spongebob do his math homework?
In a pi-napple under the sea.
29. Who did the kids follow on March 14th?
The Pi-ed Piper!
30. Why don't you want to get hit in the face with pi?
Because it never ends.
31. What do you get when you divide the sun's circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky!
32. What is the math teacher's favorite Thanksgiving dessert?
33. What crime did the mathematicians get convicted for on March 14th?
34. Pi was fighting with an imaginary number:
“Get real,” pi said.
“Be rational,” the imaginary number said.
35. How many bakers does it take to bake a pi?
36. Why did two fours skip dinner?
Because they already 8 pi.
37. What language should you speak on Pi day?
38. What are the official sea creatures of Pi Day?
39. What do you get when you take a bovine and divide its circumference by its diameter?
A cow pi.
40. The moon's not made of cheese! It's a pi in the sky.
We hope you enjoy these corny Pi Day jokes and that they infuse laughter into your classroom celebration! Remember, joy and humor go a long way to building relationships with students. Lean into the cheesiness of these jokes to bring relevance and fun to your classroom culture. Your students will remember it and you will feel more life in your workday.