It's a typical class, your students are antsy and getting bored of even their favorite school subject, so it's time to spice things up! Nothing saves a lesson like a hilarious joke. Second graders are at an exciting age where they are curious and absorbent and seem to know more than you about a lot of things, like current trends, the latest trading cards, and video games. One way we can relate and make our students laugh and feel comfortable is through funny jokes. So here are 30 of our favorite kid-approved jokes for you to try out this upcoming school year!
1. Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher?
He couldn’t control his pupils!
2. Teacher: Johnny, which month has 28 days?
Student: Every month!
3. What do you do if a teacher rolls her eyes at you?
Pick them up and roll them back to her!
4. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A gummy bear!
5. What has four wheels and flies?
A garbage truck.
6. What kind of bees live in graveyards?
7. What is a math teacher’s favorite dessert?
8. Why did the student eat his homework?
Because his teacher said it was a "piece of cake"!
9. Why do bees hum?
Bee-cause they don't know the lyrics.
10. Why do teachers give you homework?
Just to annoy you.
11. What do you call a bunch of berries playing music together?
A jam session.
12. Why did the girl put sugar under her pillow?
She wanted to have sweet dreams.
13. What do you call a pig that does karate?
14. Why do fish like to eat worms?
Because they got hooked on them!
15. What do you get when you cross a fish with an elephant?
A swimming trunk!
16. What did zero say to eight?
17. What do witches put on their bagels?
18. What do you call a skeleton that won't work?
19. Why did the music teacher need a ladder?
To reach the high notes.
20. What animal cheats on exams?
21. What kind of shoes do bears wear?
None, they walk with bear feet!
22. How do you stop a mad elephant from charging?
You take away his credit card.
23. Knock, knock
Wooden shoe who?
Wooden shoe like to hear another joke?
24. Why does everyone have a favorite shoe?
Because they are sole-mates!
25. What’s the difference between elephants and eggplants?
If you don’t know, I’m never asking you to get me an eggplant!
26. When do astronauts eat lunch?
At launch time!
27. What drives bees to school?
A school buzzzzz.
28. What musical instrument does a skeleton play?
29. Why do bees have sticky hair?
Because they use honey combs.
30. What do you call a sad strawberry?