We’re here to present yet another awesome round-up of 66 journal prompts- this time with a therapeutic basis! Whether in middle or high school, invite your learners to explore our collection to deepen their connection with themselves as well as those around them. In trying times it can be helpful to identify pillars of support, consider what we can be grateful for, and adopt a more positive approach to life- all of which your learners can cultivate with the bellow prompts!
1. Write about a moment in your life when you felt truly loved.
2. How does your past influence your present?
3. Write a letter to your future self. What do you want to tell yourself?
4. What is one habit that is detrimental to your well-being? How can you change it?
5. Identify five things you’re grateful for right now.
6. Write about your greatest strength and how it’s helped you.
7. Discuss a time when you overcame a significant challenge.
8. List ten things you like about yourself.
9. Write a letter to someone who hurt you. (You don’t need to send it)
10. Describe your perfect day, from morning to night.
11. What is one regret you have, and what did you learn from it?
12. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
13. Write about a time when you forgave someone.
14. What are some of your personal boundaries and why are they important?
15. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
16. Write a letter to your past self. What advice would you give?
17. Discuss a fear you have and how it affects your life.
18. What are three things that bring you peace?
19. How do you cope with stress?
20. Write about a time when you felt a strong sense of accomplishment.
21. What are some self-care activities that you enjoy?
22. How do you want to improve your relationships with others?
23. Write about a mistake you made and what you learned from it.
24. What are your favorite ways to express love and affection?
25. Describe a situation when you showed courage.
26. How can you improve your relationship with yourself?
27. Describe your life five years from now.
28. How does it feel when you’re angry? How can you manage this emotion better?
29. Write a thank-you letter to yourself.
30. What does happiness mean to you?
31. Write about something that scares you about the future and how you can address it.
32. Discuss how you can improve your mental health.
33. Write about your experience with grief or loss and how you’ve coped.
34. What are three things you want to do before you die?
35. Write about a moment you felt deeply disappointed in yourself and how you’ve grown since then.
36. How would you describe your relationship with your family?
37. What are some negative thought patterns you want to change?
38. Discuss a time you made a difficult decision. What was the outcome?
39. Write about how you handle conflict.
40. Describe a time you felt truly seen and heard.
41. What are your core values and how do you uphold them?
42. Write about a moment you experienced profound peace.
43. How would you define success for yourself?
44. What does self-love mean to you?
45. Write about a personal crisis you have experienced. How did you handle it?
46. Discuss an act of kindness you did for someone.
47. How does physical health contribute to your mental health?
48. Write about a moment you felt you were living your best life.
49. Discuss a personal limitation and how you plan to overcome it.
50. Write about a person who has deeply influenced your life.
51. How do you handle rejection or failure?
52. What is your happiest memory and why does it mean so much to you?
53. What are your coping mechanisms when things go wrong?
54. Discuss a time when you were out of your comfort zone.
55. Write about a moment of significant personal growth.
56. What role does faith or spirituality play in your life?
57. Discuss a time you took a risk and what happened.
58. What is one act of kindness you can perform this week?
59. How do you deal with people who are toxic or negative?
60. Write about a quality you admire in others.
61. Discuss a habit you’ve developed to maintain your mental health.
62. Write about a time when you felt vulnerable.
63. What are some moments in life that you feel have defined you?
64. Discuss a difficult decision you made recently.
65. What role does work or your career play in your self-identity?
66. Write about a dream or goal that you’ve had for a long time.