Teaching is often a time-consuming job, especially for a teacher who must grade papers. It often feels daunting when staring at that stack of papers and wondering how writing constructive feedback on each one is feasible.
However, a teacher knows that even when she is tired, as she grades paper after paper, it is extremely important to give the students constructive comments on their work. The feedback for students is what helps students learn.
The positive feedback outweighs the negative feedback as well, so make it a common strategy to give positive feedback on students’ papers. It is a tremendous opportunity for students to grow.
1. I never thought of it this way. Great job analyzing!
2. What an amazing sentence!
3. This is a wonderful thesis! Good job!
4. I can tell you worked really hard on this!
5. This thesis statement is superb!
6. Wow, this is some of your best work yet!
7. Way to stay focused! I’m proud of you!
8. This is an excellent analytical paper!
9. I can tell you are motivated! I love it!
10. I feel privileged to have gotten to read this work! Great effective paper!
11. Your enthusiasm shows! Wonderful job!
12. This is not just a sheet of paper. It’s wonderful work!
13. This is one of the more superior papers I have read!
14. I really love how creative you get with your descriptions!
15. Out of this world!
16. There is so much to be proud of with your paper assignment!
17. This part made me smile!
18. You are a star!
19. Clever argument!
20. You worked hard; I can tell!
21. What brilliant thinking!
22. Terrific persuasive argument!
23. You have learned so much and it shows!
24. You rocked this essay!
25. I can tell you did your best!
26. You are so smart!
27. What a powerful argument! Keep up the good work!
28. You should be proud of this work!
29. You have made great progress!
30. Your handwriting is just lovely!
31. This is a great example! Good job!
32. I love your thoughts here!
33. I’m very impressed!
34. You have a sophisticated argument! Awesome job!
35. You are artistic and creative!
36. I love your attention to detail!
37. This is a very powerful sentence!
38. You show great promise!
39. What a terrific learner you are!
40. The sentence structure you used here is brilliant!
41. Your skills are stellar!
42. This hypothesis is amazing! I can’t wait to see where you take it!
43. I knew you could do it!
44. Every single sentence in this paper is wonderful!
45. You have a lot of fabulous ideas in this paper!
46. It doesn’t surprise me a bit that I smiled throughout your whole paper!
47. Keep up the incredible work!
48. Way to grab the reader’s attention! Great job!
49. Your handwriting is so neat!
50. This part moved me!
51. You certainly made me open my mind even more! Wonderful job!
53. I see so much improvement in your work! I’m proud of you!
54. I like the way you tackled this assignment!
55. Very impressive!
56. You have very inventive ideas here
57. Smart thinking!
58. You were very clear, concise, and complete!
59. Phenomenal job!
60. This is well thought out and I enjoyed grading it!
61. You outdid yourself with this assignment!
62. What a wonderful assignment!
63. Your work has flair!
64. Such a wonderful perspective on this topic!
65. This is clever!
66. I can tell you had fun with this assignment!
67. You rock!
68. This is stellar work!
69. Your use of this example moves your argument forward!
70. Your algebra is on fire!
71. This is a great metaphor!
72. Nice idea!
73. This is great work!
74. You did it!
75. I knew you could do it!
76. You went above and beyond here! I’m impressed!
79. You did a tremendous job!
80. This paragraph is brilliant!
81. Your science experiment was awesome!
82. Your artwork is exquisite!
83. What an excellent point!
84. Great job making connections here!
85. This sentence is excellent!
86. You chose a great quote!
87. This is a powerful point! Great job!
88. Your argument is very focused and solid!
89. Terrific explanation!
90. I love how you connected these ideas!
91. You are so smart!
93. Great stuff!
94. I love this! It made me laugh!
95. Outstanding work!
96. These are amazing ideas!
97. What an amazing way of thinking! Great job!
98. You made me think here! Good job!
99. A wonderful way to present this information!
100. You are showing exceptional understanding!
101. You are an awesome writer!
102. I love reading your essays!
103. You have shown incredible growth!
104. Your work is so neat! Great job!
105. This sentence is right on target!
106. You have an excellent idea here!
107. I can tell you’ve been practicing!
108. You are very preceptive!
109. This sentence is beautifully written!
110. I love your vivid word choice!
111. The way you express your ideas is wonderful!
112. You are quite gifted!
113. You show outstanding attention to detail!
114. You are a superstar!
115. I can tell that you did your best! Way to go!
116. You are very talented!
117. This paragraph is simply tremendous!
118. I appreciate how hard you worked on this assignment!
119. You made me so proud with your examples!
120. You are unstoppable!
121. This sentence sparkles!
122. This is one of the best essays I’ve read!
123. You have exceptional potential!
124. I’m giving you a high-five for this essay!
125. This sentence blew me away!
126. You did quality work! Great job!
127. This is a terrific piece of evidence for your argument!
128. No grammatical errors in this paragraph! I’m so proud!
129. You are an amazing writer!
130. Your organized paragraphs make me very proud!
131. You’ve shown creative problem solving here!
132. Superb word choice in this sentence!
133. What a critical piece to your argument! Great job!
134. You’ve reached your goal! Be proud of yourself!
135. This essay may be your best work yet!
136. Tremendous use of sentence syntax to prove your point!
137. You amaze me with your attention to detail!
138. Great writing!
139. Profound statement!
140. Brilliantly worded!
141. You prove that you can do hard things! Good work!
142. The connections you have made to the real world are stellar!
143. Way to tackle a tough topic! I’m proud of you!
144. Your talent shines through!
145. Terrific answer!
146. Your similes are sensational!
147. You are very intelligent!
148. I love your clarity in this paragraph!
149. This paper really shines!
150. You make me want to learn more about this topic!
Teachers hold a piece of their student’s future in their hands. The responsibility is great. Therefore, even when wanting to mark up all of the errors on a paper, remember to add the positive comments as well. Make sure that students can grow and not feel defeated or frustrated. By including positive comments on students’ papers, students’ spirits will soar in ways you can not even imagine.